A Roadmap for Decarbonizing Canada’s Chemistry Sector
May 24, 2023
Live virtual panel on Wednesday, May 24, 2023, at 12:00 noon EDT / 9:00 am PDT
Join senior representatives of the chemistry and clean energy sector in Canada for an in-depth discussion about the opportunities and challenges to decarbonize Canada’s chemistry sector in line with 2030 and 2050 commitments by industry and governments.
Discussion topics will include:
- What is the current emission profile for the chemistry sector in Canada and how does it rank among Canadian industrial emitters?
- What are the current actions underway and proposals under consideration to meet reduction targets?
- What are the outstanding challenges that need to be addressed to achieve objectives?
- How can we determine, evaluate and advance the best market opportunities for Canada in the clean chemicals sector?
- How can government, industry and stakeholders partner to meet our targets?
- Clean Energy Canada (CEC)
- Chemistry Industry Association of Canada (CIAC)
- Bob Masterson, President and CEO, Chemistry Industry Association of Canada
- Merran Smith, Founder and Chief Innovation Officer, Clean Energy Canada
- Sarah Marshall, VP Sustainability, NOVA Chemicals
- Michael Burt, Vice President & Global Director, Climate and Energy, Dow Chemical Canada
- Special presentation by Oliver Sheldrick, Program Manager, Clean Energy Canada
- Moderated by Kiki Cloutier, Principal, Earnscliffe Strategies