March 18, 2020
Regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), the safety of CIAC Member employees, contractors and the communities in which we do business continue to be our member’s number one priority.
CIAC member companies have business continuity plans in place and are prepared to deal effectively with disruptions affecting their business operations. We are following the advice and direction of public health authorities to limit the impact of COVID-19 and help support the health and well-being of our employees and the safe operation of our facilities.
While each of our member companies implement actions and strategies unique to their own individual organizations, actions taken to date fall under the following broad categories:
- Follow best practices laid out by government and health authorities
- Restrict all non-essential domestic and international travel
- Work from home strategies (where appropriate) and limiting non-essential visits to operating facilities
- Self-isolation for anyone who has returned from an international trip
- Avoid large gatherings of people and practice social distancing including internal meetings of staff
As of today, we are not aware of any material impacts to member operations or supply chains.
CIAC offices are closed until further notice. Staff are equipped to work from home, and we will continue to engage with our members and government on priority issues to the best of our ability.
We will continue to communicate and provide any updates as the situation evolves.