Chemistry Industry Association of Canada: COVID-19 Response
March 17, 2020
The Chemistry Industry Association of Canada (CIAC) recognizes the seriousness of the COVID-19 pandemic and promotes the continued cooperation between all levels of government and other organizations as we collectively take the necessary measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus.
CIAC’s Leadership Team is actively following the situation and communicating with CIAC staff and members to ensure immediate action and constant flow of information.
CIAC encourages association staff and members to practice the following until notified otherwise:
- Follow best practices laid out by governments and health authorities
- CIAC offices are closed until further notice. Staff are equipped to work from home and we will continue to engage with our members and government on priority issues to the best of our ability
- Restrict all non-essential domestic and international travel
- Anyone who has returned from an international trip to self-isolate for a minimum of two weeks
- Practice “good hygiene” including washing hands; wiping down hard services; avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth; avoid high-contact activities and gestures including handshakes
- Avoid hospitals and long-term care facilities if you are or have the potential to be sick
- Avoid large gatherings of people and practice social distancing to the best of your ability
Keep an eye out for correspondence from CIAC who will continue CIAC staff and members up-to-date on the everchanging situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Federal: Public Health Agency of Canada
Ottawa: Ottawa Public Health
Toronto: Toronto Public Health
Ontario: Public Health Ontario
Alberta: Alberta Health Services
Quebec: Quebec Government